Steiner/Clan Wolf tourney

General discussion not limited to, nor excluding, MWO. No spam.
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Re: Steiner/Clan Wolf tourney

Post by mp00 »

Great thanks for those who came out and played and swapped in and out of our lance. Thanks Demon for staying up til like 6am your time playing :) Wolfong, Stunmun, Kittysmasher and Shade for pulling Lance leader duty reporting scores and screenshots.

1st in Conquest!!! (thanks to the Grizzly Gambit training!)

3rd Place overall!!!

:D :D :D
DemonRaziel

Post by DemonRaziel »

mp00 wrote:Thanks Demon for staying up til like 6am your time playing :)
"Just" 5 AM :) Though because of all the adrenaline rush (and 2 litres of pepsi to keep me awake during the tourney) I didn't actually fall asleep til 6 AM :D
mp00 wrote:1st in Conquest!!! (thanks to the Grizzly Gambit training!)

3rd Place overall!!!
Woohoo, props to everyone who participated.

Looking at the scores we can notice several interesting things:
1. We ranked the same (11th place) on both assault and skirmish
2. Had we not been allowed to correct our 3rd assault game, we'd have 5 points less overall, which would brings us down to 5th place.
3. Despite losing all 3 skirmish games, we managed to rank 11th, out of 32 teams in damage dealing.
4. Except for the match score for assaults, we outperformed Black Widows (yey!).
5. The team we dropped together with on our first assault map, got 260 match score in that game (26 more than we did). However, they only got 294 points in the next 2 games combined.

Long story short, thanks to good tactical thinking and execution (and some much needed luck) on conquest, and steady and slightly above average performance on the remaining game modes, we have managed to claim the bronze medals. Cue in the fanfares!
DemonRaziel

Post by DemonRaziel »

And to add to the number munching, we needed exactly 192 points of damage more over the 3 skirmish games to end 2nd. The first place was completely out of reach, however, as we'd have to vastly improve our scores on both assault and skirmish.
KittySmasher

Post by KittySmasher »

Very True but the only way to improve our scores in both Assault and Skirmish would be to Drop more in those modes.. But over all I thank that we did a great job last night for being our first tournament ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Im very please with our performance last night, And looking forward for more to come..
Shade 03
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Shade 03 »

This was early implementation of the light/med/heavy/assault lance.
The combinations of mechs we piloted seemed to work.
Thanks to the pilots who did a great job and kept their cool even when we were getting hammered.

In addition to myself, Kittysmasher and Wolfong ran lance leader during a few of the drops.

Kittysmasher was one of the guys that got us motivated for this one and now is warming up to his atlas after the drops in the tourney.

Demon raziel is well a "demon" in a spider and toward the end of one of the matches was fighting two assaults at the same time for at least a few minutes.

Mp is mp and did his usual bazillion points of damage.

Wolfong brought his daka jaeger (sp?) and kintaro light killer to the party with presents for those rotten ankle biters. (Lights)

Stunman, one of our newer guys did a great job as well.

The pilots in a lance take a lot of the pressure off the guy coordinating when they know what they are doing. I would basically point(albeit frantically via teamspeak) and they go kill things in that direction using individual action when necessary. The members of the fourth worked well together and we got the job done.

When I would get back to the lance room in between drops after reporting, the members would already have who would drop for the next round set up. This was very helpful, as in one of the groups I used to fight with in a previous version of mechwarrior would often bicker about who would was piloting what and who would be dropping when.

Oh the "grizzly gambit" is on the ice city map during conquest. After you take kappa, you hit the saddle and head for gamma and epsilon when the enemy heads from epsilon to theta. Griz would do this with his light/med lance during practices and it works well.

Had a good time. Looking forward to more.
Shade 03
4th Regulans
Tactics and Directives
Formerly Talon 3
cyberstrabadi

Post by cyberstrabadi »

Great job guys well done.
Hail for the 4th :)
Crp. Cyberstrabadi
4th Regulan Hussars
Ryerson Military District
House Marik, Free Worlds League Military

"If i survive i`m goin to f***k you up...
if you kill me you can come and fart my balls!"
General George Karaiskakis
kaozer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kaozer »

i wanna say good job :) im glad you guys show to these steiner's who's boss!
Shade 03 wrote: Wolfong brought his daka jaeger (sp?) and kintaro light killer to the party with presents for those rotten ankle biters. (Lights)
shade you know i name my locust build "angry ankle biter"?
Kaozer: dont kill it JD!
JD: why not?
Kaozer: i'm playing with it!
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Post by mp00 »

Hehe nice we need to see him in action again.. or maybe one of the new locust variants?