So long

General discussion not limited to, nor excluding, MWO. No spam.
Molossian Dog

So long

Post by Molossian Dog »

Hey guys,

I want to inform you that I am leaving the 4th Hussars.
I have spoken to Fox about two weeks ago and explained my reasons.

Most of you know how restricted I am when to play. (or rather where to play) As a consequence I mostly do PUG drops at strange times and then only for a handful of drops. Hardly conductive to team play and disastrous if you want to help with unit organisation.
I couldn´t make it to the last drop trainings and it is unlikely that this will change in the near future. Spending sunday evenings away from home is something I am unwilling to do on a regular base.

Not only is this terribly inconvenient, my continued absence also made it impossible to fullfil my role as Sergeant. Additionally, it also precluded me from participating in any initiatives for competetive play. Initiatives I advocated and asked for for a long time. That felt very wrong. Like I was making demands and then dodged responsibility.

So rather than leaving a lingering gap between my own expectations and what is practically possible I decided it would be more honest to make a clean cut.

---

I am going to see if my schedule and my plans for exploring new facets of MWO are going to work out somewhere else or not. But even if not, I am not completely gone and will pop up in the general bays now and then. So you are not truly safe from suddenly being backstabbed by some lousy, inconspicuous Treb. :o

---

Allow me to add a small addendum:

I would like to mention that this was the first time that I was part of a community using TeamSpeak. Previously I shied away from that expecting nothing but obnoxious kids dissing each other. I was quite mistaken and will definately try it out again in the future. So, I am not leaving empty-handed, but richer in experience, so to speak.

I don´t think it is really neccessary, but for completeness´ sake I´d like to reassure you that I am not leaving because of any personal issues. I can honestly state that I enjoyed my time with the unit and I´d like to thank you guys for the good time we had.

I was having fun and I think many of you did too. That is something valuable.

See you, gents. ;)
Molossian Dog
Sergeant of Hearts
4th Regulan Hussars
Ryerson Military District
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Re: So long

Post by mp00 »

Good Luck Konsti

Sorry to see you go it has been fun and a honor fighting beside you. May we meet again on the field of battle on the same side.

mp00
Fox Parker
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Fox Parker »

I'll be updating your status in a bit.

It is sad to see you go, but I do understand your reasons. Sadly, I'm developing a bit of a thick skin against departures at this point. I wont lie, I take every departure as a personal failure of mine, whether deserved or not. But I can't fault anyone who has explained their reasons.

Please don't be a stranger. You're more than welcome to bug us in the 4th bays any time you see us. Even if we're marked away, mp00 and I are often listening (with the exception of me passing out the last couple days).
Col. Fox Parker
4th Regulan Hussars
Ryerson Military District
Knight Lieutenant - Knights of Regulus
House Marik, Free Worlds League Military
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Post by mp00 »

Lol tis true I am many times within earshot of my computer even when set to away. So come on in and shout I may be within earshot. :)
JD McFrizzle
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JD McFrizzle »

:cry:
GrizzlyViking
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by GrizzlyViking »

Don't be a stranger...I'll always be glad to drop with you when you stop in. :)
kifferson von doober
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kifferson von doober »

Another sad day
but you know where we are the next time you feel like doin something silly with flamers! stop by anytime konsti. gl hf.