Top 5

General discussion not limited to, nor excluding, MWO. No spam.
JD McFrizzle
Corporal
Corporal

Top 5

Post by JD McFrizzle »

What are your top 5 favorite mechs?

1) Atlas D-DC
Big stompy, slow, crushing fun. So many possibilities and playstyles here.

2) Jag DD
Seems like no matter what you put on this thing, it can work. Dakka, machine gun crit seeker, AC 40, twin gauss, it all works.

3) Kintaro 18
Streaky streaky fun....what more needs to be said :)

4) Spider 5D
Annoying little bastard, aint it? At least to the enemy lol :lol:

5) Jenner k
I just love NARCing things...dunno why, just do, and with 3 module slots you cant go wrong. :)
Last edited by JD McFrizzle on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonRaziel

Re: Top 5

Post by DemonRaziel »

1. Spider 5D - so good words can't describe it
2. Cicada 3M - the hardest hitting and best armored of the fast ECM carriers
3. Quickdraw 4G - jump, jump, jump around... and shoot stuff with 3 large lasers
4. Commando 2D - the smallest of the ECM carriers, yet still hard hitting, given the chance and if ignored (i.e. not prioritized) by the enemy, can do miracles
5. Raven 3L - because I like playing fast, ECM equipped 'Mechs with decent direct fire weaponry... and 4 module slots on top of that
Fox Parker
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Fox Parker »

1. Jagermech JM6-FB
    • This 'Mech is a bit of a chameleon, able to be configured in many different ways, even mimicking some other 'Mechs that we don't have. It makes an excellent Rifleman for example. Two AC-5s, two LLs and two MLs doesn't sound like much, but you've all seen me average over 500 with it. Before the stat wipe I had 647 matches in this chassis. That amounted to 2 days, 9 hours, and 39 minutes spent in its cockpit. The next most matches played in a chassis is only 242 matches in the Blackjack-1X.
  2. Blackjack BJ-1X
    • This is a fast and brutal little 'Mech. The way I have mine configured, its doing over 100kph with 8 MLs. Speed, and flanking are this 'Mechs game. Before the stat wipe it had my second best KDR out of 'Mechs with over 100 matches. Just behind my D-DC (which had fewer matches).
  3. Catapult CPLT-C1
    • A well rounded 'Mech that is very durable if you pilot it right. A pilot that has all of its quirks figured out and doesn't try to run it as a missile boat can do quite well. That torso twist speed and range is almost like having extra armor against energy weapons. Not bad against dakka too, spreading out those hits.
  4. Catapult CPLT-K2
    • Some may consider this a relic of Closed Beta, but like the C1 it is a very durable 'Mech when piloted correctly. The good old TIMEX configuration that Wolfong and I ran for most of Closed Beta was even a featured build over on NGNG (though I'm sure they arrived at it separately from us).
  5. Atlas AS7-D-DC
    • When I feel like being slow and stompy, this is my go-to Assault 'Mech. It may be replaced by a Battlemaster in the near future, but for now its still my top. A not so different build than on my Jager; the SRMs instead of MLs, the added armor and the ECM help this thing produce pretty big numbers on the board.
Col. Fox Parker
4th Regulan Hussars
Ryerson Military District
Knight Lieutenant - Knights of Regulus
House Marik, Free Worlds League Military
cyberstrabadi

Post by cyberstrabadi »

1.Raven 3L.
Fast ECM carrier with a lot of firepower for a light and 4 module slots givin me the whole picture of the surrounding battlefield.On top of that is very fast and actually hard to get killed.My preffered build is the light killing one.

2.Oxide.
Fast , aggile , streaky bastard that gets you to the easy mode.The only thing i do not like on this mech is that it has no direct fire weapons so you cannot get a lot of kills , just damage.

3.Shadowhawk 2D2.
Fast , jumpy and very maneuverable for its size.I run it full engine , full armor and full JJs and it rocks.Very amusing to pilot and gets the job done no matter if the enemy is a light or an assault.

4.Battlemaster 1S.
50 tubes , lots of lrm ammo and a top speed of 60+.No need to say anything else!

5.Jagger S.
My quad AC2 monster that can do 16dmg per second for 6 secs before it overheats.Just bring an ATLAS in front of you and let it go to work.If you count the quad MLs in the settup then you know you have a very hard hitting brawler that has some range too.
Crp. Cyberstrabadi
4th Regulan Hussars
Ryerson Military District
House Marik, Free Worlds League Military

"If i survive i`m goin to f***k you up...
if you kill me you can come and fart my balls!"
General George Karaiskakis
kaozer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kaozer »

1. Locust 3M- do i really need to explain?

2. CPLT Jester- fast nimble and deadly, with a couple of ER large and 4 medium along with ~20 double heatsinks it'll stay in the fight and cause massive damage

3. Ember - the little bugger that is powerfull enough to take out anything quickly and efficently

4. Battlemaster 1G - one of my most versatile and powerfull mech 2 ac5 1 er large and 6 medium lasers annd it goes 75.5 kph.

5. CN9-D - that was a tough call so many mechs i like but this is one sturdy guy with all weapons in the torso and is still very fast
Kaozer: dont kill it JD!
JD: why not?
Kaozer: i'm playing with it!
kifferson von doober
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kifferson von doober »

OK, slight caveat here. these are my top 5 "actually effective builds" the ones that make me piss myself laughing is an entirely different list :)

1. Blackie 1x - looove this thing. almost the same as fox's build but i switched the torso lasers to small pulse to avoid ghost heat.
2. Misery - quad lg las, uac-5. used to be very nasty but not so much now (bloody ghost heat again) still fun though. i think i've done more matches in this than any other mech.
3. Orion va - twin lg las, ac-5, quad srm-2. just plain solid mech, fun to brawl with, just wish some of the hardpoints weren't so low!
4. Griffin 3m - er lg las, med las, quad srm-4. I like the shad alot but the griff feels more maneuverable and this one has a lot of punch!
5. Hunchback 4j - Always been my fav medium lurm boat. twin lrm-10,twin med pulse, tag and of course the head med las. I've always REALLY struggled to make any decent use of the trebuchet but this little beauty has always been good to me. even better now they've shrunk its hunch! very underrated machine.

So those are the mechs that i enjoy playing AND can kill stuff and be useful in! :)
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Post by mp00 »

1. Firestarter-Ember love its speed and can never have enough machine guns
2. Cicada-3M speed ECM and armor? Not much else can ask for
3. Jager-DD whether using punching power or AC5/10s or the shredding power of LBXs plus 4 MG and 2 ML its just fun!
4. Battlemaster-1S when it rains it pours
5. Raven-3L for that sneaky reach out and touch someone of 2 ER LL truly annoying ...for the other side
devilcrayon
Force Commander
Force Commander

Post by devilcrayon »

at the moment:

1. Firebrand - Currently a laser boat, previously as modified riflebrand
2. Flame - ac20, 4xML, 80kph wrecking ball
3. Ember - so much fun, destructive, fast and hard to kill.
4. Catapult K2 - TIMEX is good fun.
5. Protector or IM - I love them both
Javenri
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Javenri »

After some recent additions:

1. Catapult K2 - I have a full page on smurffy with different loadouts and there are twice as much possible
2. Orion VA - A universal role workhorse, with all kinds of weapon (AC/5, ERPPC and LRM's). What else one can ask?
3. Cicada 3M - Feels more like a light than a medium. ECM, speed and PPC's turn it into a silent killer.
4. Awsome 8R/8V - My heavy hitting LRM boats. With some protection around them and a proper map, they are devastating.
5. Griffin 3M - Streaks, ERLL and jumpjets=my newly acquired love. Fights anything with 2 legs.