An Interest of Affiliation

Interested in joining? Find information and talk about it here.
StarRay

An Interest of Affiliation

Post by StarRay »

I am an experienced, if not necessarily "good" ;) player. The majority of my experience is in Light 'Mechs and the smaller, faster Medium 'Mechs. I played MechWarrior 4 until the disk burned, and MechCommander 2 until...well...to be fair, I burned more there than anything else. Anyway, I am interested in joining; however, I have a couple of questions. Firstly, I do not possess a headset nor mic, which limits any Team Speak activity to listening (if that,) will this be a problem? Secondly, how organized is the Unit; is it somewhere between just a group of fellows who play when the just happen to be on at the same time, or has it gone so far as to have specifically manned Lances and what-not? Apologies if I have taken up to much time, I simply wish to be well informed.
devilcrayon
Force Commander
Force Commander

Re: An Interest of Affiliation

Post by devilcrayon »

StarRay wrote:I am an experienced, if not necessarily "good" ;) player. The majority of my experience is in Light 'Mechs and the smaller, faster Medium 'Mechs. I played MechWarrior 4 until the disk burned, and MechCommander 2 until...well...to be fair, I burned more there than anything else. Anyway, I am interested in joining; however, I have a couple of questions. Firstly, I do not possess a headset nor mic, which limits any Team Speak activity to listening (if that,) will this be a problem? Secondly, how organized is the Unit; is it somewhere between just a group of fellows who play when the just happen to be on at the same time, or has it gone so far as to have specifically manned Lances and what-not? Apologies if I have taken up to much time, I simply wish to be well informed.

Hello StarRay!

While a mic and headset certainly help with speed and ease of communication, as long as you can listen in on TeamSpeak and type quick bits of chat back, it shouldn't be a problem. Unless, of course, you're trying to lead a lance. That could get a little hairy. :D

We've got some designated lances set who practice together and participate in many of the fan-run tournaments and challenges, but we also have a lot of people who play with whoever is around when they log in. We're not strictly regimented, by any means, nor are we completely chaotic.

If you haven't already, sign up on the FWLM website, join us in TS and type away at us! MP00 is our recruiting officer; seek him out for more information.
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Post by mp00 »

Hi StarRay!

Thanks first of all for showing the interest and giving a pretty informative set of questions and summary of yourself :)

We are more of a casually competitive unit... if that makes sense. We have some set practices (though in truth they are completely optional as real life should always take precedence) Sunday 2-6pm EST and Friday a general all day practice where you people come on whenever they have the time and drop with fellow 4th RH members. We do enter some 4 man tourneys and concentrate on lance play and training more then company play right now.

Having a headset (I still do not have one and just use speakers for the lovely echo) and mic is not a requirement though it does really help. So long as you have TeamSpeak3 and can listen to orders and the general battlechat info. Though we do have a few other people currently interested in joining us who also do not have a mic.

We definitely can always use a light and medium pilot as several of us prefer heavies/assaults. I myself like running missiles and can always use a spotter/narcer :)

Our recruitment process is longer then many units as we want to make sure our unit is the right one for you. We also encourage you when on our TeamSpeak to check out other units. We do really want you to choose the best fit for yourself and want a strong FWLM community.

Any questions, comments please feel free to ask. :)

mp00
StarRay

Post by StarRay »

Happy to be on board.

...or, well, atleast, almost on board...
mp00
Lieutenant Sr. Grade
Lieutenant Sr. Grade

Post by mp00 »

With some of us old folks in the unit we wont be even able to read that :lol:
but good to see you still interested :)