Underperforming mechs

General discussion not limited to, nor excluding, MWO. No spam.
Javenri
Corporal
Corporal

Underperforming mechs

Post by Javenri »

Right now, I have 2 of them: The Jester and the Griffin 1N.

Jester

Suffers by the presence of energy only weapons, huge frame and only 2 JJ's. Quirks didn't help since LL is not so strong. I have tried many combinations (ML, MPL, LPL, PPC, you name it) and nothing seems to revive this mech. I do way less damage, get less kills and die more often than most of my mechs (including lights, on which I am a poor pilot). Any builds that work for you (if anything does)?

Griffin 1N

Different case here. I run it with 3 x SRM6+Artemis, 3 ML, JJ and an XL engine. The problem I face is that all weapons are located on the right side torso and arm. Since this is a brawler, I need to go close to the enemy. Enemies simply need to go for right side of the mech in general (no real need to aim) and the mech is made useless really fast. I doubt there is any workaround that, apart from running it with LRM 's. Any thoughts?
kaozer
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Underperforming mechs

Post by kaozer »

well cant help for the jester but ive allways ran my jester with 2 LL and 4 ML an XL 300 and 22(?) DBL heatsink if i remember coorectly. i used to get an average of 500 600 damage per match with that build.
Kaozer: dont kill it JD!
JD: why not?
Kaozer: i'm playing with it!
kifferson von doober
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Underperforming mechs

Post by kifferson von doober »

for the griffin running lrms is exactly what i've done. got twin 15s with artemis on one of em, works ok but slow 72kph with an xl