Unit's Focus?

General discussion not limited to, nor excluding, MWO. No spam.
Mhuur
Private, First Class
Private, First Class

Unit's Focus?

Post by Mhuur »

So today we had some pretty abysmal drops during the CW ceasefire. Last Sunday we had the similar issue.

To my perception, it seems the unit has become "unofficially" focused on CW, over public drops. Or did I miss the "official" change? I don't begrudge people for wanting to play something specific, everyone has different tastes. But today it seemed that the issues we've been having with group public games are just shrugged over, as the majority of folks return to CW after ceasefire ends.

I suppose I'm speaking out because I can only take so much of CW (same mechs+same tactics+same maps+same flow of combat=bored Mhuur). That's not to say I don't enjoy it, but I enjoy variety, which I feel I get more of in public games. I enjoy playing, and am familiar with 4th RN guys, that's why I submitted an application, accepted the unit invite, and play with the rest of you guys.

I'm not saying I want to quit the unit, or I demand others change for me.
Mostly, I'm asking... Do others feel this way too? Is CW is 4th RN's focus, officially or unofficially? Does anyone want to address and work on the group public game issues we've been having?
kifferson von doober
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Unit's Focus?

Post by kifferson von doober »

I like to do cw because i feel i'm working towards something but i see your point. the zerg rush is so dominant that its the only way to go, so much so that attack is an easier time than defend! this needs sorting, a counter needs to be found to make defence do-able. that should make things interesting again. as for public que i think we'll probably use it more once new is chassis are rolled out (can't grind panthers in cw without going off mission) so hold on matey, it'll swing back soon. though grinding new stuff is usually a good way to get destroyed all night in the group que so that might not be that helpful :)
Mhuur
Private, First Class
Private, First Class

Re: Unit's Focus?

Post by Mhuur »

That's part of my enjoyment of it as well, Kiff. I think that's a strong driving force for most folks, that "tangible" nature of taking planets for your faction. I think I just tire of it more easily than most.
Maybe focus will swing back to group pub drops, but that doesn't address the issues we've been having with those group drops.